Welcome to Shelley School District 60!
Shelley School District Mission Statement:
Our youth will flourish and prosper in the 21st Century through preparation in a world-class learning environment by preparing today’s students to meet tomorrow’s challenges.
Shelley School District Vision Statements:
- We see a school district in which all students receive a quality education – emphasizing skills, knowledge and character development that enable them to reach their potential and become contributing members of society. Our schools will produce responsible, productive students capable of adapting to a changing, diverse world.
- We see a school district in which all employees continue to improve their skills, knowledge and procedures to meet the needs of all learners. We will provide and environment that dignifies the individual, focuses on rigorous and relevant instruction, and encourages continuous improvement. We will work as a team to establish a safe, clean, inviting atmosphere within facilities that are conductive to quality education.
- We see a community of well-informed citizens who support educational excellence and work in partnership with the school community to achieve quality educational results for all students.
Shelley School District Beliefs:
- Children are our community’s most valuable asset.
- A relevant, meaningful, rigorous curriculum should guide instruction to ensure all students show measurable progress and reach their optimum potential.
- Students, parents, teachers, and the community are partners in the education process.
- Education should reinforce work ethics and character development.
- Everyone in the school community deserves dignity and respect, and should be valued as an individual
- Education is an on-going process that requires continuous evaluation and responsible change.
- Schools should provide a climate that is safe, clean, and inviting.
2019-2020 Registration Info and Supply Lists
You will find the current Supply lists and registration information on our Shelley Schools Page as well as by following the link below.
Supply Lists Coming Soon….
The online registration for returning students will open on June 26. To access the registration portal, please login to your Powerschool account and choose Returning Registration, the last option on the left hand side.
Again this is for returning students only. The new student registration will open in August.
District and School Board Announcements
The next Board Meeting will be on July 18th, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at the District Service Center Building.
Interested in running for the Shelley School District 60 School Board?
The upcoming school board election will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2019. New Board member Packets may be picked up at the district office starting on Friday, August 23, 2019 (if you need one before this date please contact the Board Clerk, Stephanie Harker at 208-357-3411 or email her at email@example.com). Packets will contain all necessary information and forms. The district office will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Our office will be closed on September 2, 2019 for Labor Day.
The Declaration of Candidacy and Petition of Candidacy forms (found inside of the packet) must be turned in no later than Friday, September 6, 2019 by 5:00 p.m. This is the deadline date & time for these forms. You may have these filled out and brought in earlier and suggest doing so if possible.
Summer Lunch Menu’s for June
Now Hiring Substitute Teachers Paying $70 Dollars per Day!
If you are interested in becoming a substitute for the Shelley School District, you can pick up an application at the district office or download one by clicking on the Substitute Application link on the right side of the page under Miscellaneous Links.
Once you have completed the application you will need to schedule an interview with one of our building principals. Be sure to take your completed application with you to the interview.
Now Hiring Food Service Substitutes
If you are interested in becoming a substitute for our food service program please download and complete the Substitute Application from the link on the right side of the page under Miscellaneous Links.
Once you have completed the application please call Barbara Pearson at (208) 357-7435 for an interview.
Immunizations: All students in the Shelley School District must be immunized according to State Law or have on file with the school an exemption form. The exemption form is available at our District Office or can be downloaded from the following Link.
District Performance Report Card: To view the District Performance Report Card you can view this by clicking on the link below.
Report cards for the District and all schools from the state can be found to the right under the heading School District Report Card. You can click on the link for the District report card or there is a link for each school.
These links will take you to the state run report card site away from our district site.
Affordable Care Act Information, including Summary of Benefits and Glossy of Health Coverage and Medical Terms, can be found by clicking on the “Affordable Care Act” link under Departments then under the Human Resources link above in the links bar or by clicking on the this word.